About the Studio
Established in 2012, Atom Republic is an independent developer and publishing studio based in Woking, UK. Atom Republic are the creators of Atom Universe; a virtual world available on PS4 and PC which innovatively allows cross-play between both platforms.
Our first venture into the realm of virtual worlds was with Sony's PlayStation® Home, where we quickly became one of the most thrilling and fastest-growing developers on the platform. Now we are developing our own ever-evolving world, and that’s where you come in!
Development at our studio is exciting and challenging; we work quickly on an iterative basis with regular releases, meaning there is always something new just around the corner. The team are empowered to have ownership over their projects, and we regularly share ideas which go on to become new features.
We are currently looking for a back-end programmer to join our team.
You will be responsible for managing the design and architecture of our servers and implement server features to robustly support our PlayStation 4 and PC players. You will need to ensure that the system will perform excellently and reliably, whilst being secure and scalable.
- Server experience in realtime REST APIs using the Restify module
- Scalability and load balancing experience helpful
- Google Datastore experience or understanding of NoSQL databases
- Linux/Ubuntu experience in configuring
- C/C++ Knowledge
- Source control experience
- Automated builds with Jenkins
- Google compute or AWS experience for managing virtual machines.
- A basic level of understanding of cryptography
Benefits: Flexible hours, possibility of working from home occasionally, additional training is available if required.
Salary: Depending on candidate’s experience