Hey there! I'm Jan and I'm the COO here at Wooga. I am looking for a Head of User Acquisition, reporting to me, to help grow our games.
I am confident running User Acquisition at Wooga is one of the coolest and challenging jobs available in this space. Our game teams focus on making great games, the User Acquisition teams responsibility is to launch and grow these through performance marketing campaigns! You will be responsible for dreaming up, implementing, measuring and optimizing marketing campaigns over multiple channels all over the world and leading an experienced and talented team.
If you think the tasks below are interesting and you fit the qualifications, please let me know! I am looking forward to meeting you in person.
Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, our employees from 40 nations work together to develop top titles for a global audience. Working in independent teams, Wooga's signature approach to making great games for mobile has made us one of the world's most popular developers.
About the job
- Goal: Effectively and efficiently grow all our live games through paid user acquisition across all channels.
- Responsible for allocating our performance marketing budget. Participate in high-level strategic discussion on growing our games and determining the size of our budgets.
- Manage a team of (currently) 5 kick-ass marketing managers.
- Advance our internal tools, especially towards customer value analysis, using dedicated engineering and analytics resources.
- Strengthen our relationships with advertising partners, including Facebook, Google and others.
- Identify and evaluate creative growth opportunities like RTB, retargeting, retention ads and whatever else comes up.
- Work with our creative services teams to constantly improve our advertising creatives.
- Cooperate tightly with other growth teams like product marketing, PR, community management etc.
- Support game teams through tests, influence game teams to implement features that improve acquisition.
Who we are looking for
- At least 5+ years, but ideally 10+ years, experience in performance marketing for companies in the online / gaming / digital products space.
- Strong analytical background, Master's in business, engineering, MBA or similar preferred.
- Results-oriented and metrics-driven. Analytically strong. More Excel than Powerpoint. Be able to "think with numbers", build assumptions, test cases.
- Proven ability in building and leading a team. Able to clearly communicate goals and inspire others in the team. Good on feedback, development and career growth. The user acquisition team is one of the happiest teams at Wooga (according to Peakon employee surveys) - keep it that way!
- Experience in interacting with and influencing people at all levels of the organization.
- Curious about new technology. You're not necessarily an engineer, but know what SDK, API and IAP are (or can figure it out). Knowledgeable about industry trends and global consumer behaviour.
- Willingness to work hands-on to deeply understand a problem. You need to be able to both discuss detailed issues with your team and high-level issues with the management.
- Speed and action over talking. Entrepreneurial initiative and strong problem solving capacity. Try new things, adapt quickly, invest when results are promising. Able to work well in an unstructured, rapidly changing environment.
- Oh, and you don't need to speak any German! There are currently no Germans in the team anyway.