Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Lead, mobilise and develop an art team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the artistic style of the project.
- Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise;
- Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer/Associate Producer;
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner;
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction and deadlines;
- Identify and set up best practices;
- Report to the Producer/Associate Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project;
- Facilitate training initiatives for the team as required in liaison with the Learning & Development Manager;
- Find relevant solutions to problems encountered in their work;
- Rapidly integrate strategic changes given by the producer into their team;
- Make suggestions that are in line with the game's marketing positioning;
- Participate and be an active contributor of the Art Board, a studio level initiative where all Art Leads discuss the requests and needs of their artists at a high level;
- Keep open channels of communication across their team/collaborating studio/ outsource
- Produce schedules alongside the Producer in respect of constraints;
- Identify risks within the schedule and suggest changes;
- Delegate and assign work to team members using JIRA or other tracking tools used on the
- Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for their team and the studio;
- Manage the onboarding process for new starters in their team;
- Hold regular team updates (‘scrums’) and update Producer/Associate Producer;
- Manage individual team member’s performance and progress;
- Conduct any ad-hoc tasks when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of modeling techniques to create graphic assets expected on the
- Good knowledge of texture mapping and material;
- Good knowledge of streaming and LOD systems linked to the engine.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong leadership, team and people management skills;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in Art or any other relevant experience;
- Shipped at least 2 games, with at least 1 game being AAA on a next generation console;
- Bachelor’s degree in any art based subject or any other relevant training.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K