The Graphical User Interface Artist is responsible for ensuring the design and the graphic production of the menus and user interfaces of video games.
He/she must create graphical menu user interfaces which will communicate the relevant information required in order to guide the player and improve the total overall player experience.
This person will work in close cooperation with the artistic director, game designers and programmers.
- Develop concepts and the design of the game menus and user interfaces
- Determine gameplay with the collaboration of the game designer and the artistic director
- Assure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces.
Qualifications and technical skills:
- Experience in working on console/mobile games and has motion graphic design background.
- University or college diploma in graphic and multi-media design or a relevant work experience
- 3 years minimum of experience in graphic design (or the equivalent) specialized in the creation of interfaces and in menu design
- Provide a portfolio demonstrating graphic design skills
- Understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash
- Comprehension of “Action Script” language
- Knowledge in Web design
- Ability to learn new operating systems
- Creative and artistic nature
- User interface usability
- Good understanding of After Effect, 3DSMAX, 3D modeling