CCP is looking for a Visual Effects Artist to join the development team in the Atlanta studio. CCP Atlanta is currently working on delivering immersive virtual reality games and experiences.
The ideal candidate combines a strong personal aesthetic with knowledge of the technical underpinnings of the Unreal Engine to create amazing real-time visual effects. They will be working within a small, talented group of seasoned professionals, requiring the ability to work closely with Engineers, Artists and Designers alike to produce a variety of game assets to the highest visual standards.
Please note that only candidates sending a link to their portfolio will be considered!
- Creation of visual and lighting effects from rough blocking treatments to final in-game assets
- Establish aesthetic targets for high-end visual effects in virtual reality and set best practices for achieving them
- Optimization of assets to achieve high consistently high framerates for VR
- Contribute ideas across the project as a whole
Experience / Skills Required:
- Proven experience using Unreal Engine to create real time visual effects
- Industry standard software experience with a variety of packages such as Photoshop and Max/Maya
- Ability to create AAA standard quality game assets working within visual guidelines defined by art direction and within performance guidelines
- At least 2 years of experience working on console and/or pc titles in a visual effects role using the Unreal Engine
- Experience creating effects for virtual reality
- In-game lighting experience
- Ability to quickly sketch out concepts to convey more complex ideas
*Only candidates who are legally eligible to work in the US will be considered for this role.
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come. At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world.
CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home to CCP ´s “VR labs” virtual reality research and development effort, Atlanta is nicknamed “The Gateway to the South”
Well known for its hospitality and diversity, Atlanta brings the arts and industry both to new heights. Cultural and performance centers in Atlanta range from some of the world's greatest museums and amphitheaters to the nation's most vibrant nightlife.
The people of Atlanta are equally diverse, with countless cultures and traditions celebrated and enjoyed throughout the city. Technologically, Atlanta is the business capital of the Southeast and the fourth-most wired broadband city in the United States. Atlanta has attracted many major communication and entertainment businesses, and currently leads the nation in attracting the talented college graduates and skilled professionals that companies want to hire.
CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.