Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
- Develop software in C++ by applying the principles of object-oriented coding;
- Work with the Game Design and Animation teams in order to make the technical design and implement a gameplay system that particularly controls the main character;
- Quickly prototype new gameplays;
- Analyze and estimate the time, cost as well as the impact of the proposed functions;
- Ensure that the ambitions remain consistent with the deadline;
- Debug and optimize own code as much at the low level than at the high level to guarantee the technical quality and the performance;
- Work effectively with the programming and developing teams;
- Train and guide the junior programmers;
- Plan own work effectively, and provide accurate updates on the progress;
- Be a positive contributor for the achievement of the project and the team objectives.
Experience and qualifications:
- University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent;
- 3+ years of industry experience in Programming;
- Minimum of 1 published title – at least one with experience on controlling the main character.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of C++;
- Experience developing multi platforms, an asset.
- Ability to manage own time independently;
- Team player;
- A desire to push the barriers of technology in video game is required;
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- Be a good communicator.
Motivation and interests:
Ambition and passion for videogames are essential!