Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
Reports to: Lead Animator
Project : unannounced
- Bring to life unique, appealing and most of all believable characters in both in-game and cinematic scenarios;
- Respect a delivery schedule of high quality of level animation assets set by the rest of the team;
- Clearly communicate progress and issues to the Lead Animator, and be willing to understand and act upon direction.
Required experience and qualifications: Profile Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Cinematic background with hands on knowledge of camera, composition, & cinematic sequences
- Camera animation & integration
- Must have shipped AAA titles in the past
- Understanding of game engines, mechanics, and game development processes
- Being self-sufficient
- Familiar with producing in-game animations and in-game systems;
- Formal education in 3D animation, 2D education also an asset.
- Extremely important: Proficient in Maya & Motionbuilder
- Strong technical experience with engines
- Comfortable with quick keyframe iteration and motion capture editing
- Must display a strong understanding of animation fundamentals;
- An understanding of the human body and facial anatomy is an asset;
- Good communication skills and the ability to illustrate ideas are essential;
- Insight into animation pipelines and motion-capture experience is important;
- Rigging/skinning and basic character modeling knowledge is a plus.
- A strong work ethic, initiative and above all else humility is required;
- Must thrive in a team environment with a drive for self-improvement, to learn and also to share knowledge;
- The maturity to give, (and receive), constructive criticism is expected;
- A desire to push the boundaries of videogame animation standards is a must.
Motivation and Interests
Passion for videogames and videogame animation is essential.