Volition has maintained a developer-focused research team for 10 years. During this time, we have worked hard to integrate player experience research directly into our design processes and culture; this commitment has helped us create games that are viscerally fun and intuitive to play. We are currently looking to add an Assistant Researcher to our team.
Assistant Researchers are assigned a wide variety tasks in support of the Volition research team, while learning the ropes of AAA, open world game testing. The specific tasks performed will depend on project assignment and the immediate needs of the team.
An Assistant Researcher will be asked to complete any of the following tasks:
• Oversee the process of recruiting and screening study participants
• Manage the recruitment database
• Organize and maintain the playtest lab facility
• Assist with the development of customized test plans
• Implement study protocols
• Gather direct, observational data about player behavior
• Perform heuristic and competitive analyses
• Coordinate with production and QA to verify builds
• Participate in project and studio meetings
• Applicants must have professional or academic experience in Games User Research, Psychology, Sociology, HCI, or other related field.
• Be an advocate and evangelist for user experience research.
• Must be available to work onsite in Champaign, Illinois.
• Positive, professional attitude. Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to work and communicate effectively with study participants, researchers, designers, production, and people in a variety of roles.
• Passion for games and ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically. A broad knowledge base of console and PC games.
• Study or experience in data analysis and statistics.
• Direct experience conducting human subjects research.
Please send resume, cover letter, and relevant samples