Lockwood Publishing Ltd is Mobile Games Company based in Nottingham. Lockwood have developed Avakin Life published on Google Play, Amazon and iOS.
Avakin Life is a free to play mobile virtual world on mobile. Avakin Life is in the top 300 grossing apps in the US on iOS with over 24 million downloads since December 2013.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 3 years of related project management experience with a solid understanding of scheduling, planning, tracking and resource allocation
- An organised, driven and self-motivated attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines
- The ability to make effective decisions and solve difficult problems under demanding circumstances
- A pragmatic attitude towards software development. You can weigh up the priorities when everything is high priority
- The ability to Identify and assess risks and create strategies to mitigate them
- Previous experience of working with Scrum and Agile
- A team orientated mentality. The ability to work as part of a cohesive unit, putting the needs of the project and the team above those of yourself
- An attention to detail and observational skills
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of all MS Office applications
Desirable, but not essential:
- Enthusiastic with a genuine passion for games
- Experience with Hansoft and other Project Management software
- Formal project management training (such as Scrum Master Certification)
- Good presentation skills
- Previous experience working in mobile development. Particularly with respect to application submissions
Previous experience working with:
- Mobile (iOS, Android and Amazon)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the internal development of several projects and features within Avakin Life from inception to launch, utilising the scrum framework in an Agile work environment
- Managing the ongoing live service operations associated with a games as a service product
- Managing weekly content releases and updates for several applications
- Coordinating all project related submissions
- Planning of all tasks and assets within a project, ensuring the correct balance of quality, time and budget
- Helping to develop and evolve new and existing production methodologies, pipelines and processes
- Driving communication within the team, as well as with relevant stakeholders and departments (e.g. marketing)
- Leading and supporting the project team; provide direction, goals, feedback, solve issues and maintain motivation
- Responsible for assisting with all studio recruitment initiatives
- Identifying and assessing all risks associated with your projects. Planning strategies for their mitigation and implementing as necessary
- Responsible for all project localisation
Lockwood offers an extremely competitive quarterly bonus scheme which puts 50% of the quarterly incremental increase in profits into the bonus pot to be shared amongst the Avakin Team (Based on performance).
- Flexible working subject to core-hours attendance (10-4pm)
- Staff social outings
- Pension or Gym membership available
- Share options will be made available
This is a permanent position in our Nottingham Studio. Salary DOE+ Benefits. An extremely competitive bonus scheme which puts 50% of the quarterly incremental gain in profit into the bonus pot.
We do not have the resource to reply to all candidates. Thank you for your application if you take the time to apply and do not hear back from us. If your CV and application meets our requirements we will be in touch very soon.
Many thanks for you interest.
No Agencies please.