Lockwood Publishing Ltd is Mobile Games Company based in Nottingham. Lockwood have developed Avakin Life published on Google Play, Amazon and iOS.
Avakin Life is a free to play mobile virtual world on mobile. Avakin Life is in the top 300 grossing apps in the US on iOS with over 22 million downloads since December 2013.
- Develop and evolve the real time networking layer for our backend running over sockets.
- Monitor metrics in-order to identify live issues and optimisation opportunities relating to the network layer.
- Develop real-time backend services capable of supporting gameplay features in conjunction with the client team.
- Assist and advise the client team in order to implement features utilising the real-time networking layer.
- 2+ years experience developing or maintaining the network code in a gaming or telecoms environment.
- Experience writing / debugging multiplayer connectivity and game communication issues
- Knowledge of Linux environments
- Experience using source control systems such as Git, Perforce or SVN.
Desirable, but not essential skills & experience:
- A working knowledge of Go, Erlang or Python.
- Game development in Unity using C#.
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as AWS, or Azure.
- Knowledge of Teamcity or similar CI system.
- Experience with Smartfox server.
- An extremely competitive quarterly bonus scheme which puts 50% of the quarterly incremental increase in profits into the bonus pot to be shared amongst the Avakin Team (Based on performance).
- Flexible working subject to core-hours attendance (10-4pm)
- Staff social outings
- Pension or Gym membership available
- Share options will be made available
Pleasant Nottingham City Centre offices located in the Antenna Media centre which is within 5 minutes’ walk of high street shops, pubs, restaurants and public amenities with great transport links.
Good night life and sports facilities including:
Nearby National Ice Arena, Water sports facility at Holme Pierrepont, Trent Bridge Cricket Ground and two Football Grounds – Notts County and Nottingham Forest as well as great night life and music scene.
This is a permanent position. Salary DOE+ Benefits. An extremely competitive bonus scheme which puts 50% of the quarterly incremental gain in profit into the bonus pot.
We do not have the resource to reply to all candidates. Thank you for your application if you take the time to apply and do not hear back from us. If your CV and application meets our requirements we will be in touch very soon. Many thanks for you interest.
No Agencies please.