Lockwood Publishing Ltd is Mobile Games Company based in Nottingham. Lockwood have developed Avakin Life published on Google Play, Amazon and iOS.
Avakin Life is a free to play mobile virtual world on mobile. Avakin Life is in the top 300 grossing apps in the US on iOS with over 22 million downloads since December 2013.
Lockwood is currently looking for a Character Artist who is self-motivated, organised and has experience with the design, production and continued development of Avakin Life’s User Interface and User Experience.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A solid understanding character and clothing production, design and development.
- Experience of using Unity 3d.
- Up to date knowledge on the latest shader and modelling techniques and how these can be leveraged to work on mobile and tablet as they increase in capability.
- Previous experience working within computer games industry, ideally with experience of 3d running on mobile or low end hardware such as PS1 and PS2 etc.
- Being self-organised with excellent project management skills preferably using SCRUM.
- Very good English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to take constructive feedback as well as give constructive feedback to internal and external staff.
- A excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Maya.
- The ability to create clear and detailed briefs and provide feedback to other artists.
- Flexibility & the ability to learn new skills over time.
- Experience working with outsource studios, producing spec document for design and production with the ability to make production processes more efficient and scalable.
- Experience of rigging and weighting of characters and clothing, ideally an understanding of animation pipelines and mocap but animation skills are not required.
- Experience of working on a highly editable and customisable avatar system and the ability to work closely with Programmers to achieve the highest results.
- Able to work in UK/ EU.
Desirable, but not essential skills:
- Experience with Hansoft, SVN and Perforce
- Experience or a keen interest in clothing and fashion
- Experience working on a social or mobile game
- Experience working on a female orientated product
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing, designing and producing the in-house 3d characters on Avakin Life.
- Providing constructive feedback to outsourcers and the internal team.
- Ensuring an efficient pipeline using both internal and external art resources.
- Helping manage the fixing of art bugs and pushing the quality of Avakin Life.
Company Benefits Include:
An extremely competitive monthly bonus scheme which puts 50% of the monthly incremental gain in revenue into the bonus pot Flexible working subject to core-hours attendance (10-4pm) Staff social outings Pension or Gym membership available Share options available
Nottingham Workplace: Pleasant Nottingham City Centre offices located in the Antenna Media centre which is within 5 minutes’ walk of high street shops, pubs, restaurants and public amenities with great transport links.
Good night life and sports facilities including: Nearby National Ice Arena, Water sports facility at Holme Pierrepont, Trent Bridge Cricket Ground and two Football Grounds – Notts County and Nottingham Forest as well as great night life and music scene.
This is a permanent position. Salary DOE + Benefits. There is an extremely competitive quarterly bonus scheme which puts 50% of the quarterly rise in profits into the staff bonus pot.
We do not have the resource to reply to all candidates.
Thank you for your application if you take the time to apply and do not hear back from us. If your CV and application meets our requirements we will be in touch very soon.
No Agencies please.