Lockwood Publishing Ltd is Mobile Games Company based in Nottingham. Lockwood have developed Avakin Life published on Google Play, Amazon and iOS.
Avakin Life is a free to play mobile virtual world on mobile. Avakin Life is in the top 300 grossing apps in the US on iOS with over 22 million downloads since December 2013.
Lockwood is currently looking for a 2D UI/ UX Graphic Artist who is self-motivated, organised and has experience with the design, production and continued development of Avakin Life’s User Interface and User Experience.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A solid understanding of the user journey with a context of UX and clean functional UI
- Experience of using NGUI and/ or Unity’s UI development tools – Previous experience working within graphic design
- Previous experience working within computer games preferably mobile and freemium
- Being self-organised with excellent project management skills preferably using SCRUM
- Very good English communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to take constructive feedback as well as give constructive feedback to internal and external staff when required
- A strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, pixel and vector art
- Keen eye on detail, colour, and composition with the drive to continually improve the Avakin
- Flexibility & the ability to learn new skills over time
- UK/ EU work visa would be preferable
Desirable, but not essential skills:
- Experience with Hansoft, SVN and Perforce
- Experience working on a social or mobile game
- Knowledge of scripting
- 3d skills
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing, designing and producing the in-house UI/ UX 2D graphics on Avakin Life
- Ensuring an efficient pipeline using both internal and external 2D art resources – Helping manage the fixing of art bugs
Company Benefits Include:
An extremely competitive quarterly bonus scheme which puts 50% of the quarterly incremental increase in profits into the bonus pot to be shared amongst the Avakin Team (Based on performance).
Flexible working subject to core-hours attendance (10-4pm)
Staff social outings
Pension or Gym membership available
Share options will be made available
Pleasant Nottingham City Centre offices located in the Antenna Media centre which is within 5 minutes’ walk of high street shops, pubs, restaurants and public amenities with great transport links.
Good night life and sports facilities including:
Nearby National Ice Arena, Water sports facility at Holme Pierrepont, Trent Bridge Cricket Ground and two Football Grounds – Notts County and Nottingham Forest as well as great night life and music scene.
This is a permanent position. Salary DOE+ Benefits. An extremely competitive bonus scheme which puts 50% of the quarterly incremental gain in profit into the bonus pot.
We do not have the resource to reply to all candidates. Thank you for your application if you take the time to apply and do not hear back from us. If your CV and application meets our requirements we will be in touch very soon. Many thanks for you interest.
No Agencies please.