Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, our employees from 40 nations work together to develop top titles for a global audience. Working in independent teams, Wooga's signature approach to making great games for mobile has made us one of the world's most popular developers.
About the job
We have very interesting technical challenges to solve, some numbers from our live systems are: 5 million SQL + NoSQL queries per minute, more than 10.000 http requests per second and a read/write balance close to 50/50. At Wooga, we have a strict no nonsense policy, we believe in good test coverage and we have the freedom to decide how to develop, host, deploy and operate our systems. To deliver best services to our game teams, we are constantly looking for new tools and exploring new technologies. We are frequent speakers at conferences, and you can find slides from our talks on Slideshare.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with a strong engineering background who enjoys building high quality products used by millions. Ideally you have a good product sense, an understanding of the web ecosystem, strong personal initiative and the ability to prioritize. You can multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
Specific language experience is less important to us than bringing on someone with a desire to learn and who can solve problems.
- Proven experience with multiple backend languages (e.g Java, Ruby, Scala,etc)
- Very good understanding of systems engineering, scalability, and algorithms
- Database knowledge, preferably with relational and non-relational databases
- Strong communication skills when dealing with technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience implementing APIs
- Knowledge of server management (deployment, monitoring, optimizing, etc.) a plus
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with game development would be a plus
- Passion for games is a plus!
As English is our office language, no German skills are required. But we'll help you learn if you want to!
Why join us
- Work in a small, autonomous team with high degree of creative freedom.
- Collaborative and open company culture dedicated to making world-class games.
- Talented, inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Located in Europe's most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life.
Wooga is an equal opportunity employer. We invite international candidates to apply, as well as monsters and unicorns.