Cinematic Animator – Destiny
We’re looking for talented people to create cinematics for the Destiny universe. We have a passion here at VV to create cinematic content that is always pushing the bar of what is possible in our industry. We strive to always increase our quality to the highest levels. As a Cinematic Animator we hope you will help in being a part of this team working with other totally normal Animators, crazy unhinged Designers, mad scientist Engineers, and relatively reasonable Producers to bring Destiny to life.
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
- Work closely with the Animation Leads developing, defining and maintaining high-end cinematic animations for the Destiny universe
- Edit MoCap data to craft detailed character animations
- Be a part of preparing and participating in motion capture shoots
- Understanding of cinematics and story
- Participate in peer reviews, giving and receiving team feedback while sitting in The Tower
- Interdisciplinary communication skills. The non-technical term is being able to work with Guardians outside of your Fire Team to get your art working in-engine
- Generating and presenting ideas for Artist development
The skills & experience we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
- Must show the ability to animate with high quality timing, weight, and lip sync
- Good instincts for realistic and stylized motions
- Task driven, self-motivated & proactive
- Proactive in creating solutions and solving problems
- Adapt to changing requirements
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Experience animating in Maya or another 3D program
- Provide Samples of your animation online with a clear explanation of what you did
You’ll really get noticed with these upgrades to your Light Level:
- Passion for Film and Video Games
- Experience in Pre-vis
- Motion Capture Experience
- Work with facial animation
- You are a Sparrow Racing champion
- Technical Skills: character modeling, rigging and scripting
- You’ve achieved 400 Light Level
In 2016, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 25th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
We are currently partnering with Bungie to further expand the award winning Destinyuniverse.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Skylanders to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to our recent contributions to this year’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. We apply the same dedication to excellence to every video game franchise we’ve worked on over the years and we are bringing that same philosophy to the Destiny franchise.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!