Senior Gameplay Animator – Destiny
We’re looking for talented people to animate the Destiny universe. The whole thing. Player characters. Enemy combatants. Creatures and machinery. Large and small. Extra-terrestrial just-plain-old-terrestrial. The artists at Vicarious Visions create inspired characters and breathtaking environments, and as a Senior Gameplay Animator, it can be your job to bring it all to life.
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
- Create exceptional key-frame animations for in-game characters and objects in the Destiny universe
- Modify baseline Motion Capture to enhance performances
- Work closely with the Animation Lead developing, defining, and maintaining the animation vision
- Employ space magic to overcome impossible odds
- Collaborate with a Fireteam of Riggers, Artists, Engineers and Designers
- Exhibit leadership and promote growth in yourself, your peers, and the studio
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the games industry
- Expertise in Maya
- Experience with gameplay animation systems such as state machines and behaviors
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal direction
- Ability to adapt to new tools and techniques
- Experience with Rigging and Skinning/Point-weighting methods
- Not a jerk
You’ll really get noticed with these upgrades to your Light Level:
- Expertise in 3DS Max and/or Motion Builder
- Mathematics and/or Physics genius
- FPS-RPG development FTW
- Engram decryption
In 2016, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 25th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
We are currently partnering with Bungie to further expand the award winning Destinyuniverse.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Skylanders to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to our recent contributions to this year’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. We apply the same dedication to excellence to every video game franchise we’ve worked on over the years and we are bringing that same philosophy to the Destiny franchise.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!