Lockwood Publishing Ltd is Mobile Games Company based in Nottingham. Lockwood has developed Avakin Life published on Android, Amazon and iOS. Avakin Life is a free to play mobile virtual world which is targeted at a 17 – 40 year old female demographic focusing on socialising and fashion. Avakin Life is in the top 300 grossing apps in the US on Android with over 13 million downloads.
Lockwood is currently looking for an Environment Artist who is self-motivated, organised and has previous experience within the computer games industry. It would suit a candidate with several years working in the computer games industry as well as a background in architecture. Avakin Life has real-time 3d environments running on tablet and mobile in Unity3d. The polygon and texture limits are low and the spaces hold up to 10 users but overtime we hope to get the most out of the hardware and produce aspirational spaces and environments.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A solid understanding of composition of 3d spaces, the flow of users in a 3d space and lighting composition.
- Experience of using Unity 3d.
- Up to date knowledge on the latest shader and modelling techniques and how these can be leveraged to work on mobile and tablet as they increase in capability.
- Previous experience working within computer games industry, ideally with experience of 3d running on mobile or low end hardware such as PS1 and PS2 etc.
- Being self-organised with excellent project management skills preferably using SCRUM or Kanban.
- Very good English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to take constructive feedback as well as give constructive feedback to internal and external staff.
- An excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Max, Modo or Maya.
- The ability to create clear and detailed briefs and provide feedback to other artists.
- Flexibility & the ability to learn new skills over time.
- Experience working with outsource studios, producing spec document for design and production with the ability to make production processes more efficient and scalable.
- UK- EU work visa will be required.
Desirable, but not essential skills:
- Experience with Hansoft, SVN and Perforce
- Experience or a keen interest in architecture
- Experience working on a social or mobile game
- Experience working on a female orientated product
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing, designing and producing the in-house 3d environments on Avakin Life.
- Providing constructive feedback to outsourcers and the internal team.
- Helping manage the fixing of art bugs and pushing the quality of Avakin Life.
Company Benefits Include:
- An extremely competitive monthly bonus scheme which puts 50% of the monthly incremental gain in revenue into the bonus pot
- Flexible working subject to core-hours attendance (10-4pm)
- Staff social outings
- Pension or Gym membership available
- Share options available
Pleasant Nottingham City Centre offices located in the Antenna Media centre which is within 5 minutes’ walk of high street shops, pubs, restaurants and public amenities with great transport links.
Good night life and sports facilities including:
Nearby National Ice Arena, Water sports facility at Holme Pierrepont, Trent Bridge Cricket Ground and two Football Grounds – Notts County and Nottingham Forest as well as great night life and music scene.
This is a permanent position. Salary DOE+Benefits. An extremely competitive quarterly bonus scheme which puts a percentage of profits into the staff bonus pot. Applicants should send their CV and Covering Letter quoting reference EnvArtMar16 We do not have the resource to reply to all candidates. Thank you for your application if you take the time to apply and do not hear back from us. If your CV and application meets our requirements we will be in touch very soon. Many thanks for your interest.
No Agencies please.