Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing tools and engine features for next-generation game engines.
- Collaborate as part of an enthusiastic scrum team in developing, enhancing and maintaining tools in support of active projects;
- Innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the tools and project pipeline as a whole;
- Coach less experienced programmers;
- Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the technical requirements;
- Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system;
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work to deliver to specification and to schedule;
- Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team;
- Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines;
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required;
- Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists;
- Be responsible for the development, maintenance, documentation and overall quality (including implementation, performance, stability and usability) of tools and modules within their area of expertise or as developed as part of the scrum work ;
- Manage workload and time within the tasks assigned and to deliver to specification and schedule;
- Contribute, maintain and use shared code, tools components or processes where applicable;
- Provide consultation and support to other team members or other teams as required;
- Maintain good lines of communication with users and to proactively seek feedback;
- Abide by and contribute to the development of standards, procedures and processes;
- Provide support cover during critical phases of development, including flexibility and extension of working time as required;
- Maintain ongoing personal development;
Skills and Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind;
- Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module;
- Knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc.;
- Passionate about playing and making games;
- Able to inspire and motivate others;
- Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work;
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
- Substantial commercial software development experience on PS3 & X360 or PC;
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce;
- Experience with game engine tools development would be beneficial;
- Experience with Python or MaxScript a plus.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.