Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Deliver, with support, the creation of basic in-game lighting effects and deliver work that can be successfully integrated, taking the technological constraints and artistic direction into account.
- Produce high quality lighting effects through any stage of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Work closely with the Art Director to achieve the desired lighting and mood required for the game;
- Work with the Level Designers and Environment Artists to establish lighting and enhance gameplay;
- Apply lighting and shadowing principles in respect of technical constraints;
- Optimise work and maintain balance between quality and performance;
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project;
- Support the Lead Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Working knowledge of relevant 3D software (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.);
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines is desirable;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Working knowledge of particle driven effects and shader systems;
- Good understanding of lighting, atmospheric effects and subsequent systems;
- Understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows;
- Understanding of colour grading and other post process effects;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable;
- Understanding of workload management software/principles (e.g. Jira) is an advantage;
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable;
- Relevant experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in visual effects or other relevant training;
- Experience working within a photo realistic environment is desirable.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation.