Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015'. Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
- Participate in technical art reviews, post-mortem analysis, and encourage artists to share knowledge with their peers;
- Work with the technical art team to identify ways to increase efficiencies in processes and production pipelines and identify risks or flaws in proposed pipelines;
- Provide documentation of art processes and assist in defining the art pipeline within
the assigned project;
- Streamline modelling, texturing and visual effects to meet the needs of the project;
- Optimise content for memory and performance gains;
- Understand best practices, pipelines and workflows;
- Assist the technical art director in the creation of documentation;
- Provide feedback and advice to team members;
- Improve the pipelines and skills needed for the production art team;
- Document and train artists in approved 2D and 3D techniques and methods;
- Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, modelling, animation and texturing when required;
- Support the Technical Art Director with any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proactive and results orientated;
- Willingness to share knowledge openly;
- Working knowledge of standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
- Knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.;
- Understanding of platform strengths and limitations;
- Knowledge of art asset pipelines;
- Aptitude for scripting and programming using languages such as Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills;
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
- 2– 3 years’ experience as a Technical Artist or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
- Experience in the video game industry is essential.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K