YAGER is an independent developer of computer and video games based in Berlin, Germany. We are an English-speaking studio that employs more than 100 people from 20 different countries. As passionate gamers ourselves, our focus is on the games we love to play: AAA, multi-platform experiences for a global audience.
Our people are our most important asset. Their individual skillsets and backgrounds, their creative and innovative thinking, and their love for games all create a collaborative environment which allows everyone to make their mark. We invest in the development of our staff, and reward their contributions with perks such as company parties, plenty of beer after milestones, opportunities for workshops, and more.
As a Server/Backend Programmer at YAGER you will work on Dreadnought (www.playdreadnought.com), an awesome and exciting AAA F2P project with an international team of highly experienced and talented developers that are passionate about their work.
- Implement and maintain our online services
- Collaborate with 3rd party partners to enhance the features of our online services
- Write clear, maintainable and fast code in adherence to internal standards
- Write and maintain technical design and software system documentation
- Actively participate in team efforts by making recommendations on improving product quality as well as group productivity
- Excellent knowledge of network programming techniques
- At least one shipped title as Server/Network Programmer
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Experience with using JSON and RESTful web services
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Flexibility, ability to work collaboratively, excel as a team player
- Passionate about videogames
- Experience in developing secure online services
- Knowledge of multiplayer game programming techniques
- Unreal Engine experience
- Experience with various data storage system (Hadoop, SQL based database systems, etc.)
- Experience with managed/scripting languages (C#, Python, Lua)
- Good knowledge of contemporary competitive and cooperative multiplayer gaming
- Full-time and on-site
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
Join our Team!
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people passionate about their work, please send us your application using our online form.