Accurately planning and leading the execution of the entire QA process on projects, from post production to release.
Scrutinising QA team members day-to-day performance and focus.
Taking ownership of the bug database and ensuring it’s constantly up-to-date.
Creating clear and well-defined scheduling or test plans, tailored to individual project needs.
Maintain a good working knowledge of platform holder certification requirements, processes and documentation.
Training and mentoring members of the QA team in compliance test cases.
Preparing analysis reports for Production staff and the QA Manager.
Compiling a list of defects or any issues of design or implementation during a testing cycle.
Identifying and articulating problem areas within a game.
Participating in game reviews and evaluations to measure the functionality of a game against its design specification.
Working side-by-side with development team Leads and production to track issues and provide any help to assist in the remedy of any defects.
- 4+ years’ experience within a computer game developer.
- Shipped a minimum of one game as the lead QA from preproduction to release.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft XR/Sony TRC compliance documentation.
- Good ability to communicate problems and the ability to understand the requirements of the development teams.
- Experience leading test teams and monitoring their progress on a daily basis.
- The ability to devise good working practices and approaches to problem solving.
- The ability to adapt to product changes and adapt testing practices to suit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.