Capcom Game Studio Vancouver is looking for a Cinematic Animator that is passionate about creating highly detailed keyframe and motion capture animation. Do you have a great understanding of timing, character acting, and cinematography, as well as the technical problem solving ability needed to troubleshoot game engine related issues? Then you're probably the person we're looking for!
- Work closely with the Lead Cinematics Animator to create the aesthetic, technical, and gameplay goals and standards for cinematics to support the product vision.
- Iterate and give feedback on the vision for cinematics through storyboards, animatics, etc.
- Effectively communicate art direction and story to cinematic animators.
- Demonstrate, communicate and exemplify through quality of work, productivity, communication and professionalism to the team.
- Ensure that cinematics are delivered on time while achieving the highest visual quality possible.
- Learn and help to troubleshoot technical pipelines and cinematic workflows as they apply to game development.
- Create and implement 3D animation for assigned areas of the game
- Experienced in an area of specialization (e.g.: lip-sync)
- May participate in pre-visualization and development of animated features in game
- Anticipate needs of a feature/game area and raise awareness
- Perform one or more of these animation roles: layout, character animation, look development, motion capture, and cinematics
- Use time effectively
- Communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner with staff at all levels
- Focused and highly driven
- Successfully complete work on or ahead of schedule
- Enjoy solving problems
- Motivated to deliver top quality results
- Accountable for deliverables/features
- Can juggle multiple priorities
- Involved with setting priorities
- 2 - 6 years’ experience in animation
- Game console development experience is preferred
- Have shipped at least one AAA product
- Experience with Maya and Motion Builder
- Diploma in animation / related field, or equivalent experience
- Take an active interest in enhancing current skills and learning new ones
- Demonstrate dedication, adaptability & accountability in your work
- Collaborate effectively with others in same discipline across feature groups and cross-discipline as required
WHAT WOULD BE COOL:
- Storyboarding experience
- Experience in 2D
PERSONAL SAMPLE WORK REQUIRED: including descriptions and responsibilities. Samples that demonstrate believable and exaggerated human character animation work (via Online, CD or DVD format) are required. Online reels are preferred, but CD or DVD formatted reels can be forwarded to:Capcom Game Studio Vancouver, Inc. - #200 - 4401 Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5C 6G9
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Capcom Game Studio Vancouver is internationally known and recognized for our development of the highly successful Dead Rising franchise. Our most recent announcement of Dead Rising 4, the recipient of 11 awards at E3, is one of the most anticipated new releases of 2016