Eve Online has been evolving since 2003 and will continue to evolve into the future. The Reykjavik, Iceland office needs a few distributed systems engineers to continue this evolution. This position is focused on renovating the supporting development systems as well as the foundational services that power Eve Online. This position needs individuals who are capable of high context switching and a love of learning.
- Able to operate in Windows and POSIX environments
- Experience creating and using deployment tools (i.e.: Docker or Heroku)
- Experience instrumenting for monitoring and alerting (i.e.: DataDog or NewRelic)
- Experience instrumenting for debugging (i.e.: Sentry, ELK, or Splunk)
- Knowledge of messaging patterns
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful interfaces
- Experience with provisioning frameworks (i.e.: EC2 or OpenStack)
- Experience with scaling strategies
- Experience with caching strategies
- Comprehensive understanding of UDP, TCP, and HTTP standards
- Unreasonable amounts of patience to decrypt 10 year old code
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with message queues
- Experience with AWS stack
- Fun stories from deploying software in less than optimal environments
- TDD Fetish
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come. At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world.
CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home of the EVE Online development team, Reykjavik is called the “coolest” destination on earth, but the chilliest thing about Iceland is really its name
In January the temperature is usually warmer than in New York and apart from a few blizzards, the rest of the year is temperate and relatively mild. Reykjavik is the world's northernmost capital and the center of Iceland's thriving cultural and economic life. Although not a large city, it offers everything that a cosmopolitan capital prides itself in. There are a wide variety of restaurants in Reykjavik, and no doubt everyone can find something to suit his/her taste. The assortment of cafés and pubs is tremendous, and Reykjavik has become famous for its extreme nightlife. CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.