The Web Analyst partners with Web Development, Acquisition and Customer Marketing and will oversee day-to-day technology issues related to web tracking and performance reporting for all CCP web domains The Analyst will spend time working with reports to help optimizing key online experiences and journeys. He will be responsible to ensure that all required tracking, testing, and targeting systems are in place to provide detailed metrics for our consumer facing web sites and Marketing activities. The Web Analyst will also be a pro-active partner and expected to excel in an environment where data collection, exploration of opportunity and delivery of insight is an expected function of the role.
This positions resides within the Analytics team and reports to the Manager of Analytics.
- Ensure web platform has the required tracking and testing systems in place at all times
- Responsible for data integrity and technical implementation of analytical tags
- Analyze web site data to formulate and present actionable recommendations that drive best in class web site experience and performance
- Track and report on key performance indicators and provide frequent strategic and performance reporting for various business units
- Proactively assess and suggests improvements based on analytical results and findings
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on managing campaign tags for various advertising platforms (e.g. Facebook Ads, Twitter, Reddit, DoubleClick Suite, AdWords, etc.)
- Stay current with analytics technology and suggest improvements as applicable
- 2+ years of experience with major analytics platforms a must, Google Analytics Premium a plus
- Experience with major tag management systems, Google Tag Manager a plus
- Good understanding of A/B and multivariate testing techniques and measurements
- Good knowledge of modern web technologies and development process
- Team player – ability to work with multiple cross-functional groups, including business & technical teams
- Deep understanding of technologies being used for digital marketing, e.g. e-mail marketing, programmatic advertising, social marketing and all SEA
- Experience with mobile tracking implementation, especially Firebase
- Knowledge in data analysis using R or Python
- Experience with Google’s BigQuery and SQL for raw data analysis
- Experience with Optimizely or other tools for web site experiments
- Skilled at using scripting languages (e.g. Python) to query various APIs for raw data
- Proficiency with Tableau for visual, explorative data analysis and reporting
- Experience with the gaming industry
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come. At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world.
CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home of the EVE Online development team, Reykjavik is called the “coolest” destination on earth, but the chilliest thing about Iceland is really its name
In January the temperature is usually warmer than in New York and apart from a few blizzards, the rest of the year is temperate and relatively mild. Reykjavik is the world's northernmost capital and the center of Iceland's thriving cultural and economic life. Although not a large city, it offers everything that a cosmopolitan capital prides itself in. There are a wide variety of restaurants in Reykjavik, and no doubt everyone can find something to suit his/her taste. The assortment of cafés and pubs is tremendous, and Reykjavik has become famous for its extreme nightlife. CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.