Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
- Develop software in C++ by applying the principles of object-oriented coding;
- Work with the Game Design and Animation teams to create the technical design and implement a system of AI allowing both to make non-player characters alive and offer a fun and varied gameplay;
- Propose and develop new methods and techniques to improve the quality of AI in agreement with the design of the game to outdo the competition;
- Analyze and estimate time, cost as well as the impact of the proposed functions;
- Ensure that the ambitions remain consistent with the deadline;
- Master the debugging tools and the techniques used;
- Innovate by offering new AI systems in collaboration with the Programming and Game Design teams;
- Work effectively with other member of the Programming team, as well as with members of the development team;
- Train and guide the junior programmers;
- Develop and implement systems, meeting deadlines set by superiors;
- Be a positive contributor for the achievement of the project and the team objectives.
Experience and qualifications
- University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years in the industry as a AI programmer;
- Minimum of one game published as a AI programmer;
- Excellent knowledge of C++;
- Experience developing multi platforms, an asset;
- Ability to manage your time independently;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- The desire to push the barriers of technology in video game industry is required;
- The maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Motivation and interests
Ambition and passion for videogames are essential!