Eidos-Montréal represents the continuing evolution of an extraordinary enterprise. We remain true to our founding ethos: to assert ourselves as a studio the most talented developers and testers from all over the world want to call home. Nearing its fifth anniversary, the studio continues to progress with an ever-expanding community of diverse and talented individuals and with the advent of a third exciting project.
Our studio is all about the talented people who work here, and in recognition we have tried to create an exceptional environment to allow free thinking and creativity to flourish!
- Lead prototyping efforts which would include technical risk assessment of features and work closely with gameplay programmers;
- Participate to the development of innovative technical solutions and pipelines for animation with various teams and programmers;
- Collaborate closely with the character TD to develop rigging solution;
- Provide workflow-enhancing toolsets and aids as necessary such as script functionality (Python, MEL, etc.) process documentation and ‘How-To’ Wikis;
- Maintain the day-to-day technical efficiency of the work pipeline, trouble-shooting the processes involved and being the technical ‘go-to’ guy for animators;
- Investigate ‘specialized’ problem areas for animation such as partial rag-doll blending improvements, real-time cloth simulation, etc ;
- Support due-diligence procedures production processes (e.g. motion capture);
- Provide support on compiling performance/motion-capture shot list and preparation, attending and overseeing mo-cap shoots and the delivery and implementation of the resulting data into the game systems;
- Teaching animators any necessary use of DCC editor-related technical functionality and new functionality in updated software used in production;
- Mentor and support less-experienced or less-technical animators as necessary;
Required experience and qualifications:
- Diploma in 3D animation or equivalent/experience;
- 6+ years experience in 3D animation in the video game industry, at least 1 year as a Technical Director Animation;
- Minimum of 1 published title, preferably next generation;
- 2 + years experience in scripting or programming (C ++, Pyhon, etc.)
- Experience in conflict resolution related to tools or scripts;
- Excellent capacity to organize and structure own work;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Comprehensive understanding of the technical aspects and caveats of game animation;
- Ability to interface and communicate with coders.
- Character setup, skinning and rigging experience;
- Animation-related system design and prototyping;
- Understanding of animation in game-development production;
- Productive scripting experience;
- Knowledge of facial animation systems in game development;
- Working knowledge of hardware platform limitations;
- Knowledge in Animation software such as and Maya and MotionBuilder;
- Excellent technical knowledge of video game publishers and stages of production;
- Excellent communication skills and a facility to illustrate his ideas are essential;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks;
- Demonstrate leadership when collaborating with the various trades (design, animation and programming);
- Ability to work within a team focused on continuous improvement;
- Ability to share knowledge and learn from others;
- The maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- The drive to push the boundaries of videogame animation standards is a must.
- Excellent ability to give and receive guidance;
Motivation and interests
Ambition and passion for videogames are essential!