Location: Dundee, United Kingdom
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Mid Level
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Scotland, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
With an obsessive focus on quality, our 150-strong team has developed several critically acclaimed original games which include, Alien Creeps TD, Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Bubble Genius as well as Angry Birds POP! in partnership with Rovio.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 55 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice and received a BAFTA nomination. The studio won the 2016 TIGA Outstanding Growth Award.
Millions of players interact on a daily basis with our cloud based Server Infrastructure. While it is paramount that our systems are reliable and responsive at all times, it equally is important that we keep developing new features to accommodate the needs of the business.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing and talented team where you will apply your solid software development and system administration skills to our innovative, engaging and enjoyable games across the mobile and social gaming landscape. As part of the DevOps team, you will be responsible for managing, developing and scaling our distributed cloud-based game servers and ensuring their resilience and manageability.
We are looking for Engineers with the ability to learn quickly. We will also consider solid backend software developers wanting to push into the DevOps arena. Without a doubt, the number one attribute you must possess is a fantastic attitude.
Areas of delivery
- Utilise Amazon Web Services (AWS) to deliver a continuously available, high-performing, high-capacity game server infrastructure - including EC2, S3, CloudWatch, Route53, SNS, SQS, SES to name a few.
- Assist in automating the scalable AWS infrastructure, from development to deployment to operation.
- Ensure our systems are monitored and run reliably 24/7/365 and contribute to continuous improvements of the existing stack.
- Excellent team player who can learn from and share their knowledge with others.
- Have an appreciation for mobile games and technologies.
- Be degree qualified in Computer Science or similar, or with excellent experience.
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL database design, development, administration and tuning, preferably MongoDB, DynamoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Linux server administration and scripting, preferably Ubuntu and Amazon Linux, but we're happy to speak with you if you have other server-based Linux distro skills.
- Experience with AWS is a must.
- Experience scaling server-side infrastructure and applications, both vertically and horizontally.
- Experience automating deployment and operations in a continuously available environment.