Mobile Community Developer
- Barcelona, Spain
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. Ubisoft builds worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
With over 30 locations worldwide, 94 nationalities and 55 spoken languages, Ubisoft teams are a creative force with a diverse range of specialties in development, business and operations. Through cross-studio collaboration and a forward-looking approach, they dream up new ideas, anticipate new technologies, and continually enhance their expertise.
From breathtaking gaming experiences to award winning marketing campaigns, Ubisoft creates engaging worlds that foster passionate communities.
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile is currently seeking a Community Developer to help our team on their next adventure. The Community Developer is the Community champion of the Studio, working both at a strategic level and at an operational level, and reports directly to the Brand Manager of the Studio. This job is located in Barcelona.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Create overall CRM strategies and tactical campaigns that extend the level of player engagement with an eye towards improving player retention, facilitating customer satisfaction and building brand awareness.
- Partner with marketing, CRM and development teams to understand product designs, provide feedback on features, tools, and channels being created to manage or drive community/social/viral activities, and devise compelling programs that leverage these elements.
- Define the communication channels the game will use.
- Partner with production teams and community managers in order to facilitate approvals, oversee publishing, and coordinate messaging in both community short and long-term strategy and vision to drive traffic to community content.
- Partner with community managers, customer support and CRM representatives to establish community moderation, prioritization, conduct policies and synthesize player input/feedback to provide guidance to game production teams.
- Create and maintain a calendar that communicates the schedule of overall community content.
- Lead the creative process resulting in the creation of community content, including but not limited to written articles/blogs, videos/livestreams, tutorials/guides, and developer Q&A/AMAs.
- Drive online and location-based event-focused engagement activities such as tournaments and competitions.
- Own community-focused communications in both day-to-day and crisis management situations.
- Generate reporting that communicates player mood/sentiment and the effectiveness/ROI of community-oriented content/programs.
- Create and revise Community and product related documents and reporting templates.
- Prepare detailed communication plans, FAQs and launch packages.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills and the ability to create quality documentation for internal and external audiences (native preferred)
- 4+ years experience working in community management, social media, online marketing, and/or user experience roles.
- 2+ years experience in a professional game development or publishing environment, preferably working on service-based games.
- Strong understanding of content management systems and social media channels/platforms/services, mechanics, and trends, especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Twitch.
- Strong organizational, project management, and cross-functional coordination skills.
- Additional languages are a big plus (Spanish, Catalan, French) but not required.
- Great, positive attitude, social personality and a true team-player. Experience with video content production and/or livestreaming preferred. Prior experience presenting to public audiences or “on-camera” experience a significant plus.
- A passion for gaming and personal experience as an active member of online gaming communities significant pluses.
- Work permit for Spain is a must (prior to applying for the position)