Lead Server Programmer
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create various gaming components for online games that can support multi-million user base
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Understand the game design and create technical designs based on them.
- Follow and enhance existing development process.
- Educate other team members on programming issue and concepts.
- Lead the online team and Mentor and develop team members.
Key Requirements :
- Previous leadership experience over small team of programmers.
- Should have worked on multiple games before and experienced full lifecycle project delivery including one mobile game.
- Proven experience in creating an online game that has more than 1 million user base.
- Should possess solid understanding of backend systems, bottlenecks, performance, scaling and optimization
- Have strong understanding of various protocols like HTTP.
- Possess excellent programming skills in PHP or equivalent programming language.
- Professional experience of large scale databases with MySQL and No SQL solutions.
- Should possess excellent knowledge on caching solutions like Memcache, Redis, APC, Varnish etc. and various caching techniques.
- Worked with AWS.
- Be flexible in organizing the work as per the requirements.
- Ensuring task management for the team and meeting deadlines.
- Should be fluent in English and should hold good communication skills to interact with various teams.
- A passion for creating or playing games.
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience in mobile and web related technologies.
- A Bachelor's degree preferably in Technology would be preferred or any other training or equivalent