Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is seeking for a talented Lead programmer(mobile) with experience and expertise in mobile and online domain. The main responsibilities of the Lead programmer would be to make various modules for the game, architect new features with other senior programmers and mentor the programming team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create various gaming components for mobile games that can support multi-million user base.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Understand the game design and create technical designs based on them.
- Follow and enhance existing development process and set standards.
- Educate other team members on programming issue and concepts.
- Lead the team and Mentor and develop team members.
Key Requirements :
- Previous leadership experience over managing team of 8-10 programmers.
- Should have worked on multiple games and experienced full lifecycle project delivery including one mobile game.
- Proven experience in working on an online game that has more than 1 million user base.
- Possess excellent programming skills in Unity3D development using C#.
- Should be very keen to keep the game under the memory requirement and to maintain 60fps.
- Should have very thorough understanding of design patterns like Entity - Component model / MVC pattern.
- Basic Understanding of the Graphics Pipeline, Shaders, 3D Maths.
- Should possess understanding of backend systems, bottlenecks, performance, scaling and optimization.
- Have clear understanding of various protocols like HTTP and knowledge in various backend technologies like PHP, Java is a plus.
- Knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Objective-C) would be preferred.
- Have basic understanding of large scale databases, NoSQL solutions and knowledge on caching solutions like Memcache, Redis, etc. and various caching techniques.
- Be flexible in organizing the work as per the requirements.
- Ensuring task management for the team and meeting deadlines.
- Should be fluent in English and should hold good communication skills to interact with various teams.
- A passion for creating or playing games and team player.
- Minimum 7 years of programming experience in games.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in technology would be preferred or any other training or equivalent