Principle Unity Programmer
- London, United Kingdom
Future Games of London is an independent studio that designs, develops and publishes Smartphone and Tablet games. Founded in September 2009, FGOL create wholly owned and original IP which by March 2016 had achieved over 280 million downloads worldwide following the success of Hungry Shark Evolution. The long-awaited Hungry Shark World, which was released May 2016 is already a great success with over 10 million downloads worldwide within its first week.
FGOL is looking for a Unity Expert to join the studio’s growing Technical team. Your day to day job will include mentoring programmers, artists and designers using Unity3D as well as debugging and optimising the game. The Unity Expert will help with improving pipelines and workflows for the team.
FGOL operate worldwide on a F2P model, via the acquisition, retention and monetization of a sustainable player base whilst insuring their satisfaction, fun and engagement with the virtual world we have built for them to share with their friends. We are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a lively, self-motivated, forward thinking company in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
• Proficient in C#/Java/C++ with good understanding of object oriented development
• Proficient understanding of all parts of Unity3D
• Expert understanding of how to get the best performance out of Unity3D
• Good debugger and problem solver
• Knowledge of common algorithms, design patterns and structures
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Understanding of the constraints working on mobile games brings
• Self-motivated and pro-active with a cooperative attitude
• Can breakdown and estimate tasks accurately
• Can analyse an existing module of reasonable complexity and extend it
• Minimum of 5 years experience with Unity3D
• Used Unity3D as a team member
• Shipped at least one iOS and/or Android title
• Worked in an Agile environment
• Experience with NGUI and other Unity3D plugins
• Worked on multi-platform products
FGOL offers its employees some great benefits which include flexible office hours, 25 days of annual leave, a pension plan, private healthcare, not to mention weekly football, birthday cakes, monthly breakfasts and a friendly and creative working environment.