At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking to recruit a Technical Designer/Scripter working on our Unreal Engine 4 built Train Sim World. You will work closely alongside Content Leads to help develop and support content for our Train Simulation titles. The successful candidate will have 1-2 years' experience working in the games industry with strong engineering skills, and good knowledge of common scripting languages and UE4 Blueprints.
- Able to research, specify and implement prototypical locomotive and rolling stock physics and functionality
- Able to research, specify and implement innovative rolling stock features and to identify where improvements can be made to existing content.
- Able to research, design and implement new and innovative functionality
- Work with team members create compelling content
- Create suitable documentation for internal and external audiences
- Assist with testing and bug-fixing where necessary
- Strong engineering / scripting skills
- 1-2 years’ experience of working in the games industry
- Good knowledge of common scripting languages
- Knowledge and practical use of UE4 and UE4 Blueprints is desirable
- Must be a creative but practical problem solver
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and organised
- ‘A’ Level Maths or Physics qualification
About Dovetail Games:
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday, increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.