We are looking for a Junior Community Manager (m/f) to join the DarkOrbit team in Hamburg.
This role is responsible for growing our player community and establishing a bond between the DarkOrbit team and the community, keeping the player community up-to-date, collecting their feedback, and communicating that feedback to the game team.
The Junior Community Manager (m/f) engages the players, building a great relationship with and amongst them so that they enjoy playing the game even more. They also document the community’s development and adjust the game’s communication strategy accordingly.
This role provides a good opportunity to demonstrate creativity, for example by coming up with ideas for community entertainment (both online and offline), live casts, contests, and so on.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, familiarity with community KPIs, great organizational skills, and the ability to be a team player who keeps a calm head when the going gets tough.
- Build up and maintain the DarkOrbit player community
- Develop a communication strategy geared to the game’s target audience
- Take responsibility for communication over all community channels (forums, boards, social media, blogs, etc.) and keep the game’s players, support agents, and moderators appropriately up-to-date
- Constantly attempt to improve the community’s mood
- Find creative ways to address and/or solve any community-related issues
- Proactively seek to establish a dialogue with our players, informing them of new developments, getting their responses, and compiling the community’s feedback for delivery to the developers
- Entertain the community (events, contests, surveys, live-streaming, etc.)
- Confidently handle the game’s social media presence
- Stay up-to-date on trends (such as twitch.tv)
- Work closely with our international team of internal and external support professionals
- Interface efficiently with the PR, Marketing, Social Media, Customer Care, Business Intelligence, and CRM departments, as well as external brand evangelists
- Active member of the DarkOrbit community with a proven track of continuous engagement in the game forum and social media
- Profound knowledge of DarkOrbit’s gameplay and history
- Good communication skills, especially with people from different cultural backgrounds and/or professional disciplines
- Basic understanding of a Community Manager’s role throughout a game’s life cycle
- Experience with social media platforms and tools, as well as demonstrated skills in creating content for social media
- Basic Knowledge of statistics and the most important KPIs relevant to Community Management and social media
- Some paid or volunteer experience in Community Management is a plus
- Solid technical understanding, and the ability to communicate your knowledge effectively to users
- Experience with MS Office, content management systems, and Community Management-related analysis tools
- Excellent spoken and written English; a command of German as well would be ideal