Multi-award winning videogame developer of world famous game titles based on superhero IP ( you will recognize the comic/film/TV show character)
AAA console tiles for Xbox1, PS4, PC & VR titles
Cutting edge technology with full motion capture and audio studio capabilities
Join a team of 140 talented people
Visa sponsorship & relocation, initial accommodation, help finding rental & schools etc
Benefits too numerous to list but include
• Private family medical care &dental
• Contributory pension scheme
• Annual bonus scheme
• Long-service holiday reward
• Quarterly salary adjustment reviews
• Childcare Vouchers Scheme
• National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan
LEAD CORE ENGINE PROGRAMMER
Reporting to the Engine Director this studio is looking for an exceptionally talented Lead Core Engine Programmer who is ready for the challenge of leading our Core Engine team to create a world class engine that will be a key factor in the production of our next AAA title.
• Advanced understanding in C/C++.
• Unreal Engine 3 or 4 experience an advantage.
• An advanced understanding of the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
• Worked on at least 3 published AAA titles.
• An advanced understanding of computer graphics and game technology principles.
• Experience with network code.
• A demonstrable willingness to develop software engineering process and game production skills.
• Be a positive, active, and contributing team member.
• To be proactive and helpful with ad-hoc problem solving.
• Must be a team player and know the importance of listening to others.
• An avid enthusiast for games on all platforms.
• Experience communicating the productive use of engines and their scripting component framework across a studio.
• Must be detail oriented with an extremely high bar for the quality of delivery.
• Able to work independently, prioritize and handle pressure.
• Must be organized, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and anticipate business needs.
• Must have excellent time management skills to perform in a fast paced, high volume, high pressure environment.
• Exceptional verbal and written interpersonal and communications skills.
• Ultimately, lead the Core Engine team to produce world class results.
• Conduct regular reviews and manage the Core Engine to maximise their performance through:
• Regular 1on1s to understand issues they have and push their development
• Setting out areas of responsibility for each team member such that they feel motivated from having ownership for areas of the Engine without being overwhelmed
• Setting clear personal development goals and monitoring their progress towards achieving these goals
• Communicating the long term plan for the team so each team member understands how their piece fits in to the overall picture
• Setting an open, positive culture within the Core Engine team:
• Create an open culture in the team where studio members know what your team is up to and feel confident coming up to your desks to discuss any issues
• Maintain a cool head and calm communication in a fast paced and changing environment
• Overall, lead by example in your day to day communication with the team
Engine responsibilities include:
o The long term strategy of the core engine development with planning done to avoid key issues before they happen and adherence to communicated deadlines
o Implementing the core engine features required for the game to a world class standard
o Manage day to day and long term platform support requests (excluding rendering and audio)
o Manage profiling and optimisation (aside from the Draw thread and GPU, handled by the Rendering team)
o Memory management and resolving engine crashes and other engine-related issues
o Unreal Editor support and other tools processes
o Automated build process
• Time is expected to be spend roughly with these proportions:
o 50% - programming
o 20% - fire-fighting the issue of the day
o 20% - managing the team and backlog
o 10% - planning and anticipating requirements
For more information please contact me anytime
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games
+61 427 690 971