We are looking for an experienced Animation Director who wishes to mark a new stage in his/her career by supervising a highly experienced team working on promising subjects with equipment that is unrivalled in Europe:
- You will work in collaboration with the director, supervising the animations produced daily in the studio. You will define the ambience, style and pacing of sequences while maintaining the internal unity and artistic continuity, but also monitoring the workflow of the different contributors;
- Along with 3 leads, you will supervise all the departments dedicated to animation: the in-house soundproofed Performance Capture studio (74 Vicon T160 cameras), the body animation team and the facial team.
- You will elaborate and document the Animation specifications for our projects;
- You will update the teams on quality expectations. You will elaborate clear strategies, establish workflows and research the documentation and visual references to enable the teams to achieve their targets;
- You will constantly monitor and validate the animation produced, making sure that it respects the established artistic charter;
- You will get to know the target platform, the engine and the performance capture tools in order to generate new ideas and push back their limits.
The candidate will have considerable experience of animation, including:
- A minimum of 15 years' experience of animation in video games or film/3D series, including at least 3 years in a similar position;
- The games/series/films on which the candidate worked must have presented complex animation challenges, ideally including realistic facial animation;
- A very good comprehension of human expressions and anatomy, physiological reactions, body language and proportions in designing characters;
- A very good knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder;
- Motivated, capable of working independently and delivering high-quality work to meet deadlines;
- A professional and positive attitude, the ability to communicate effectively with multicultural teams.
Fluent English is imperative, French is a plus.
Experience and managerial skills will have a decisive influence on the choice of candidate.