Do you have the right combination of team leadership, analytical planning skills, and a get it done attitude to manage the production of Gears of War? The Coalition is looking for a seasoned Director of Production to drive execution of the studio's overall product strategy and manage our flagship project. This is your chance to join one of the most acclaimed videogame franchises in history, and work with the best talent in the industry.
As the Director of Production, you will be responsible for leading project planning, driving a large team to achieve short-term and long-term objectives, defining development processes, facilitating product creative decisions, tracking and communicating project status, and generally doing whatever it takes to ensure our games ship on time, on budget, and at the highest level of quality.
Across all projects and central teams:
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of senior producers.
- Ensure a sound production plan is in place to support schedule and design objectives.
- Continually identify and implement improvements to how we work as a studio. Drive strategic initiatives to improve efficiency, quality, and predictability.
For the studio's flagship project:
- Own the overall development schedule and drive alignment across the studio.
- Set goals for each phase of development, communicate them to the studio, and motivate the team to drive for success.
- Regularly report project status within the studio and to executive leadership.
- Identify, track, and mitigate risks across the project. Avoid problems before they occur, and ensure contingency plans are in place.
- Help product owners evaluate the cost/benefit of different features and push for timely decision-making on design scope.
- Collaborate with the studio's business leaders to define a game production budget and then manage effectively within that budget.
- Drive the studio's outsourcing plan.
- You have successfully led the production of AAA games, from concept all the way through to release, and post-launch.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in AAA console game development.
- Experience managing very large (>150 people), cross-discipline teams.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must have strong cross-team communication skills and be able to talk to all disciplines easily.
- Experience with a variety of project management methodologies (agile, waterfall etc.).
- Experience managing both internal teams and external development partners.
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills. Able to help managers break messy problems into discrete elements and find quick and creative solutions.
ABOUT THE COALITION
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.