HARDLIGHT STUDIO OVERVIEW
Hardlight Studios are part of SEGA Networks Inc., a division of SEGA Networks Co., Ltd. SEGA Networks Co., Ltd. was established in July 2012 as a division of Tokyo-based SEGA Corporation, focused on publishing games for mobile and tablet devices based on SEGA's most iconic brands in addition to the development of new intellectual property. Hardlight are best known for their endless runner Sonic Dash franchise whilst also bringing the beloved SEGA Arcade classic Crazy Taxi to the mobile arena. The studio is currently hard at work on an ambitious dark fantasy 4X project, bringing an existing Japanese IP to western audiences. We work from a custom designed and open plan studio in the heart of Royal Leamington Spa - a thriving town with a bustling game-development scene. We're a small, dedicated bunch with drive, passion and creativity. We have a built a highly experienced team of industry professionals who are passionate about the mobile platform. We also have a leading benefits package to boot along with a collaborative and flexible working environment that people enjoy being a part of.
ROLE OVERVIEW - DATA & GAMES ANALYST
The Data and Games Analyst role will work with SEGA Europe's sole mobile Studio on its Mobile & Social Games.You would be responsible for leading analytics processes, giving design feedback into current & future titles.You would be working closely with Project Managers, Infrastructure Team and Game Designers to identify & track key performance indicators and provide insight into what will further engage our customers.
- Working with the Design & Management team to define and analyse game metrics in order to optimise retention & monetisation within the Studio's titles.
- Identify areas for development within future title design & existing title updates.
- Work with other SEGA business departments to make best use of the wide range of data in order to maximise quality of the game experience for our customers.
- Act as a key liason between publishing business departments in order to ensure the Studio is tightly integrated into the wider business strategy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong analytical (data mining and predictive modelling) and problem solving skills.
- Experience with metrics-driven decision making and strong communication / presentation skills.
- Self-motivated individual with good organisational skills.
- You should be passionate about videogames and have experience specifying requirements for, & establishing conclusions & recommendations from, software analytics information.
- Skills in relevant data handling, statistical & visualisation tools - for example Excel, SQL SPSS, Tableau Hadoop, etc.
- Able to work well in an agile, creative development environment with members of all disciplines.
- Free to Play / Paymium game design experience.
- Amiable and willing to follow direction but willing to bring their own ideas to the table.
- Good problem solver - able to think critically and holistically about analytics data in relation to specific strategic requirements.