Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. By the end of 2016, the team will exceed 400 people, all of which are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The Team Lead will support the Project Lead (CP)/ Production Manager (PM) in overseeing work quality and deadlines for his FX team members. The incumbent will help follow up on and validate the team’s work and coach team members while overseeing part of the development of the game (where necessary).
The main and routine tasks of the Team Lead are to:
Create, prioritize, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables;
Represent the team;
Organize and lead team meetings;
Know the game’s story and gameplay (game design documents) and understand the technical/artistic constraints so as to be able to lead/coach the team;
Draft regular reports for the Project lead (CP)/ Production manager (PM) on the advancement of the team’s work and recommend corrective measures whenever necessary to meet project objectives;
Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts and recommend solutions to the Project lead (CP)/ Production manager (PM) for the team;
Be a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects for team members (where necessary);
Take part in performance assessments in collaboration with the Project lead (CP)/ Production Manager (PM);
Coordinate bug correction as it pertains to the team’s work;
Ensure that new employees integrate the team;
Help recruit new team members;
Carry out working unit-related tasks (depending on the size of the team he/she must supervise);
Carry out all other related tasks.
College diploma in his/her field of expertise for video games. Certification in project management or equivalent (an asset).
· 5-7 years’ experience on his/her working unit or other relevant experience;
· Participation in at least two complete game production or equivalent;
Skills and Knowledge
· Ability to work as part of a team;
· Time and priority management;
· Ability to assemble productive teams;
· Good interpersonal and communication skills;
· Flexibility in organizing work;
· Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
· Ability to delegate;
· Stress and change management skills;
· Managerial courage;
· Sense of initiative;
· Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.);
· Knowledge of the technical constraints of real time, 3D engines and level editors;
· Knowledge of the tools used by team members;
· Project management knowledge an asset;
· Knowledge of the other game production working units an asset;
· Knowledge of the MS Office suite an asset.