Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. By the end of 2016, the team will exceed 400 people, all of which are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The Voice designer will implement the artistic vision and technical and organizational content pertaining to the voices/dialogues at all game production phases (design, prototype, create, support and implement).
* Understand the vision and scope of the project to design a voice system and related features (or adapt existing material). The system must also be designed to support and reinforce other design aspects (game/level/sound design);
* Create a voice integration pipeline (or modify an existing pipeline) that is in line with the project vision and inform the units that work with voices (scriptwriters, animators, localisation, etc.). Adapt the pipeline and tools used based on project modifications and the needs of the other design teams (game/level/sound design) by collaborating with the programming and OASIS (TG) teams;
* Organize and share data (Mocap and studio recordings, automatic dialogue replacements, temporary robotic voices, etc.) to facilitate voice integration by other working units;
* Give effect to the impact of the voice requests when defining the project objectives as well as in terms of costs and resources and make recommendations based on the project vision;
* Share the document with the programming team to modify tools (game engine, oasis) and add features in the sound engine;
* Assign tasks to sound programmers in collaboration with the GPPM to create specific voice/dialogue tools;
* Contribute to casting with the scriptwriter and creative director to select the best actors for the game;
* Lead voice/dialogue integration in the game and supervise voice/dialogue integrators in these tasks and related tasks;
* Help prepare and set out the voice content of the mocap sessions;
* Define and carry out voice processing whenever effects are required (e.g. fantasy game);
* Validate the voice/dialogue recording sessions with the sound engineer and voice director;
* Take part in voice recordings by providing input to the voice director on dialogue recordings by ensuring that the intonations, intentions and projections are credible in light of the script;
* Help plan voice/dialogue production and follow up on these elements throughout the production process in collaboration with the production manager/associate producer;
* Support localisation by sharing knowledge on the voice systems and their features to provide information on the work to be carried out and follow up on changes to ensure that all elements are in line with the project and expected deliverables;
* Ensure that voice/dialogue mixing meets reference standards;
* Establish the voice/dialogue test plans with the QA team;
* Play an active role in debugging and ensure the quality of the final product;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
College diploma in computer science or equivalent.
* 3-5 years’ professional experience in Scripting, in audio and/or game design;
* Voice/dialogue production experience in film or television as a voice director/technician.Skills and
* Good interpersonal and communication skills;
* Ability to quickly learn new software;
* Ability to direct voice recording sessions;
* Bilingualism (French-English);
* Extensive scripting, post-production and voice production knowledge;
* Basic audio equipment knowledge;
* Basic knowledge of Pro Tools;
* Knowledge of voice and voice history in video games and experience in the field a major asset;
* Knowledge of current engines an asset;
* Knowledge of programming languages an asset.