A Thinking Ape is a growing independent mobile games startup with big ambitions. Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: Both our staff and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating games that become a part of our player’s lives. However, building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give them the freedom to do their best work.
We are looking for smart engineers to join us on a co-op term; we care less about experience and more about raw talent. As a core member of our team, you will help build and ship top-grossing mobile games to our fanatic communities around the world.
Areas of work that co-ops have access to:
- Client development: developing iOS and Android products from scratch and shipping worldwide featured products to the App Store
- Distributed systems: constructing applications using service oriented architectures that power our live gaming products
- Analytics: creating data visualizations and tools to help drive key product decisions and customer acquisition strategy
- Data mining: building a continuous real-time data collection and mining platform for player behaviour intelligence
Things we look for:
- Strong algorithmic and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills; clear writing and coding ability is a must
- Enthusiastic learner
- Ownership: takes pride and responsibility in their own work
- Independently motivated
Tell us if you:
- Contribute to an open source project
- Work on side projects
- Have participated in hackathons
Things that don't matter as much:
- Knowledge of specific languages or domain expertise in particular platforms
- Mobile development experience
- Specific year level
A Thinking Ape is built to allow you to do great work. We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape meetings, face time with founders and regular one-on-ones with your team lead.
If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!