Rev up those engines; let’s see what this baby can do. Millions of hits? Psh. You could do that in your sleep.
In a perfect world, it would always be smooth sailing, and none of our engines or infrastructures would need fixing. But it’s not a perfect world, and it’s rarely smooth sailing, so we need a backend developer. You’re the guy standing there with a wrench and a toolbox, ready to fix any backend problems as they crop up. Your responsibility is to develop and maintain everything that lies behind the scenes, everything that keeps us chugging along. As a senior developer, you’ll also be expected to be a resource for those around you on issues of backend development - our go-to guy.
In essence, a Senior Backend developer is responsible for the backbone of our technical infrastructure - an infrastructure that processes billions of data points and serves millions of players, and consistently ensures the highest standard of player experience. The tools and systems you develop will be integral to our continued ability to function at ever-increasing levels.
We're looking for someone who...
- Has at least 5+ years experience in backend game development
- Has a Bsc in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Has strong database design skills
- Is experienced with Go, Java, Python, Redis, Linux, VCS, AWS stack and components
- Is experienced with launching games and determining specifications
- Has a strong understanding of both relational and nonrelational databases
- Is able to design and construct the framework needed to implement features
- Is able to think in an abstract and modular way
- Is fanatically passionate about code reuse
- Is able to deliver high quality, structured code, demonstrating attention to detail and design
- Has excellent problem solving skills
- Is self-motivated and a self-starter
- Has proficient written and oral English
- Has excellent teamwork skills
It would also be great if you...
- Had an MSc or PhD in relevant engineering fields
- Are experienced with developing systems for synchronous and/or asynchronous multiplayer games
- Are experienced in web protocols, application servers, NoSQL, Unity, queues, in-memory caches/databases
- Are familiar with development of mobile free-to-play games and mobile best practices