• A first-row view into one of the most successful game companies in the world
• Opportunity to work with a team of gaming veterans, top talent, and passionate gamers
• Put smiles on the faces of the 100 million people who play their games every single day
• Competitive compensation and benefits. This studio creates great teams and take very good care of them.
• Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for you to do the best work possible
• Opportunity to travel to other offices in Europe, USA, China & Korea as well as annual company off-site meeting
• Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
This studio in Japan is growing its art team and needs a multitasking superhuman with excellent communication skills (in both Japanese and English) to take charge of the coordination of all their creative projects.
Their goal is to create the best and most memorable content that players will value and enjoy for years to come. To do this they are growing their art team and looking for an art producer.
The Producer should be a person that can build a strong rapport with artists in Japan and throughout their other global offices and be able to bring out the best in them, someone that can manage multiple communication channels internally and externally and understand the process of turning an idea into a finished product.
When everyone else asks ‘is that even possible?’ their art team usually says ‘let’s try it anyway! so bridging the gap between logistical realism and absurd ambition is the key to the producer’s job.
Making sure the artists hit deadlines and keep within their budget is important of course, and yet the producer must also be conscious of the wellbeing of their art team. Overtime is lame, it kills creative spirit. So good management of multiple project schedules and deadlines is critical to their teams’ success.
Does this sound like you? Might you be the creative producer this studio is looking for?
You would be working closely with the Art Lead, Artists and Producers from their sister offices in Korea, China, The USA and Finland and if you like to travel that’s great! because you’ll need to travel to those places from time to time.
• Become a beacon of quality
• Create and maintain an open and healthy communication channel within the Tokyo Art Team and maintain an excellent relationship with other Art Producers in San Francisco, Seoul and Beijing as well as key project stakeholders in Helsinki.
• You will be the face of the studio in Japan for all locally produced art projects, managing all partner communication from first contact to final asset delivery.
• Move and monitor assets and finished creative between internal teams and external partners
• Coordinate with localization houses for translation of text and voiceovers
• for the Japanese market.
• Manage timelines and production schedules
• Understanding usage rights standards and legal complexities of local market
• Leading communication between art team and media agencies to ensure complete understanding of inventory limitations, deadlines and erroneous details.
• Contribute to building and maintaining a strong, open and supportive office culture in Japan and in the company in general
• Willing to travel to support other offices when needed
• 5+ years as project manager or producer
• Good understanding of artistic terminology
• Excellent communicator native Japanese and fluent English essential
• To be able to succeed, you need to be a strong team player, passionate, committed and in general an autonomous person with a high level of initiative and energy
• Experience managing the relationship between the Regional office and HQ, other regional offices (San Francisco, Beijing and Seoul)
For more information please contact me anytime. I can send full job descriptions and studio details.
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games
+61 427 690 971