Senior Character Artist
CCP is looking for an experienced 3D Artist to lead the character development effort in our Atlanta studio. CCP Atlanta is currently working on delivering full-body experiences in VR, where the game character is driven directly by the player’s movements.
The ideal candidate combines a strong personal aesthetic with the desire to work on a in a highly creative and collaborative environment. They must have personal drive and passion to produce AAA standard work while constantly seeking new ways of pushing the boundaries.
They will be working within a small, talented group of seasoned professionals, requiring the ability to work closely with Engineers, Artists and Designers alike to produce a variety of game assets to the highest visual standards.
- Creation of characters, props, and other “hero” assets from block models to final in-game assets
- Establish a high bar for the aesthetic of our in-game characters and help set the best practices and technical guidelines to repeatedly achieve it
- Model optimizations and creative problem solving to achieve consistently high framerates for VR
- Help establish and manage the art outsourcing pipeline
- Contribute creative ideas across the project as a whole
Experience / Skills Required:
- History of high quality hard and soft surface model creation
- High quality texture map creation skills
- Knowledge of material creation and set-up in Unreal 4
- Industry standard software experience with a variety of packages such as- Photoshop Max/Maya Mudbox/Zbrush
- Ability to create AAA standard quality Game assets working within visual guidelines defined by art direction and within performance guidelines
- 5 years+ experience of working on AAA console and/or pc titles in a game art role
- Two or more shipped titles for console and/or pc
- Experience working with modular character customization systems
- Experience of working with art outsourcing
- In-Game lighting experience
- Animation/rigging experience
- Familiarity with Physical Based Rendering shaders in Unreal 4’s material system
- Ability to quickly sketch out concepts to convey more complex ideas
The candidate will need to show a broad range of skills in their portfolio, with examples of high quality modelling and texturing as well as final in-game examples.
*Only candidates who are legally eligible to work in the US will be considered for this role.
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come.
At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world. CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home to CCP ´s “VR labs” virtual reality research and development effort, Atlanta is nicknamed “The Gateway to the South” Well known for its hospitality and diversity, Atlanta brings the arts and industry both to new heights. Cultural and performance centers in Atlanta range from some of the world's greatest museums and amphitheaters to the nation's most vibrant nightlife. The people of Atlanta are equally diverse, with countless cultures and traditions celebrated and enjoyed throughout the city. Technologically, Atlanta is the business capital of the Southeast and the fourth-most wired broadband city in the United States. Atlanta has attracted many major communication and entertainment businesses, and currently leads the nation in attracting the talented college graduates and skilled professionals that companies want to hire. CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.