CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide Reykjavik is called the “coolest” destination on earth, but the chilliest thing about Iceland is really its name.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
You are an experienced, self-motivated Senior Content Designer, with a deep passion for games and game theory, capable of working on both conceptual level as well as on practical level. You will be working in our Reykjavik office, bringing strong experience and expertise in game design to work on our multiple award winning title, EVE Online.
- Design, prototype, document and implement rich and satisfying experiences within Eve online gameplay systems
- Prioritize and meet deadlines, document and communicate progress
- Become a master of our content creation tools and be a champion for their improvement
- Contribute innovative ideas and solutions towards all aspect of the game and development processes
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from design leads and peers
Who are we looking for:
- You have at least 5 years’ industry experience in a design position, ideally on a variety of genres and titles
- You can recognize and be an advocate for good ideas no matter their origin
- You understand game systems and player motivations well but you are happiest when you can get your hands dirty and create content exploiting existing systems to the fullest
- You value concise documentation You have experience creating content in multiple game engines (such as Unity3D or Unreal Editor) and you understand how to work within technical limitations
- You have solid scripting skills, preferably in multiple languages (Python, Lua, Kismet)
- You enjoy prototyping to prove or disprove the design ideas and are happy to discard anything that doesn´t work as desired
- You are constantly seeking to improve current processes, pipelines and in-house tools in meaningful and economic way.
- Experience with procedurally generated content
- Strong sense of visual aesthetics
- Narrative and writing experience
- Good sense of humour!
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come.
At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world. CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home of the EVE Online development team, Reykjavik is called the “coolest” destination on earth, but the chilliest thing about Iceland is really its name In January the temperature is usually warmer than in New York and apart from a few blizzards, the rest of the year is temperate and relatively mild. Reykjavik is the world's northernmost capital and the center of Iceland's thriving cultural and economic life. Although not a large city, it offers everything that a cosmopolitan capital prides itself in. There are a wide variety of restaurants in Reykjavik, and no doubt everyone can find something to suit his/her taste. The assortment of cafés and pubs is tremendous, and Reykjavik has become famous for its extreme nightlife. CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.