CCP Iceland is looking for a smart and inspired Senior Software Engineer to work on the character creation pipeline of the trailblazing MMO EVE Online. The position is a full-time job based at the CCP headquarters in beautiful Reykjavik, Iceland.
The perfect candidate has a solid experience in games development or a similar industry, a number of years of which spent specifically as a graphics programmer focusing on the challenges of real-time 3D graphics for characters.
What you will be doing:
- Development, implementation and maintenance of tools, pipeline and client code, both hands-on and through your collaborative work with the graphics team.
- Actively participate in all aspects of release and sprint planning, building a backlog of work in collaboration with the Development Manager and Seniors of the group.
- Collaborate closely with the graphics team to help develop the visual direction.
- Own the rendering pipeline and collaborate with tech art to establish and maintain the asset pipeline.
What you have built up so far:
- Expert knowledge of C/C++ with strong knowledge of DirectX or OpenGL.
- Strong knowledge of character creation systems in modern Game Engines.
- Strong scripting experience with Python.
- Comfortable refactoring and porting legacy code.
- Experience with Maya SDK.
- Middleware integration such as PhysX & Granny.
- Knowledge of development methodologies and working in teams.
- Excellent communication skills for both spoken and written English.
All applicants should be prepared to provide code and work samples and/or set time aside for a test assignment.
All application and related documents must be submitted in English in order to be valid.
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come. At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world.
CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home of the EVE Online development team, Reykjavik is called the “coolest” destination on earth, but the chilliest thing about Iceland is really its name
In January the temperature is usually warmer than in New York and apart from a few blizzards, the rest of the year is temperate and relatively mild. Reykjavik is the world's northernmost capital and the center of Iceland's thriving cultural and economic life. Although not a large city, it offers everything that a cosmopolitan capital prides itself in. There are a wide variety of restaurants in Reykjavik, and no doubt everyone can find something to suit his/her taste. The assortment of cafés and pubs is tremendous, and Reykjavik has become famous for its extreme nightlife. CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.