Based in Nottingham, Lockwood Publishing Ltd is a highly successful online publishing studio specialising in social games, virtual worlds and desirable virtual items. In order to build on the growing success of the ‘Avakin’ range of games we’re expanding the team – come work for us!
Avakin Life is in the top 300 grossing apps in the US on iOS with over 22 million downloads since December 2013.
We offer great career prospects and are constantly on the lookout for talented, ambitious and committed individuals. Lockwood is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Development Tester who is self-motivated, organised and has previous experience within the computer games industry from a Quality Assurance perspective with Freemium and/or social mobile games.
Provide constant support to the Development and Production teams as a whole by ensuring all changes submitted to the game are functional and to the expected quality level. Other responsibilities for the role will include creating and maintaining terminology databases/glossaries for game contents which may include but will not be limited to both new and old features and sub-features.
- Working with Software Engineers, Artists and the Production Team to eliminate issues before change lists integration and to validate that features have reached the targeted quality levels
- Compile trackers and reports for regression, checklists and coverage
- Responsible for a few specific areas of the game and create Test-Plans and Test-Cases based on provided production expectations containing accurate verification points. Including edge case test scenarios and potential knock-on issues over other areas that could be impacted by specific integrations
- Analyze the information provided by the Development and Production Teams and be able to identify risk areas
- Find and enter high-quality issues based on department standards and perform edge case scenario tests to ensure fixes have no knock-on effects.
- Interface on a daily basis with the domain experts - development and production team - and provided high quality support and accurate feedback
- Verify pre-integration change lists for issue fixing, feature changes or tuning
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least one year experience in a QA position on Mobile Video Games
- Previous experience working in the games industry
- Strong ability to work under pressure and to meet given deadlines
- Good communication skills and able to work as part of a team
- Interest and knowledge of mobile platforms (Amazon, Google Play, Apple)
- Keen eye for detail
- Good MS Office skills
- Understanding of games industry and game terminology
- Passionate and experienced games player with the ability to familiarise with the game-play elements rapidly
- Previous experience with black-box testing
- Previous experience with issue tracking databases (JIRA, Hansoft, DevTrack, Mantis etc.)
- Good troubleshooting skills
Desirable, but not essential skills:
- Previous Quality Assurance experience with Freemium mobile games
- Previous Quality Assurance experience in testing social mobile games
- Passionate and experienced social mobile games player
- Has the testing knowledge to provide constructive feedback to address challenges that come up within the project
- Experience with platform specific (Apple, Google Play, Amazon) Certification testing
Company Benefits Include: An extremely competitive quarterly bonus scheme which puts 50% of the monthly incremental gain in revenue into the bonus pot. Flexible working subject to core-hours attendance (10-4pm). Staff social outings Pension or Gym membership available Share options available.
Nottingham Workplace: Pleasant Nottingham City Centre offices located in the Antenna Media centre which is within 5 minutes’ walk of high street shops, pubs, restaurants and public amenities with great transport links.
Good night life and sports facilities including: Nearby National Ice Arena, Water sports facility at Holme Pierrepont, Trent Bridge Cricket Ground and two Football Grounds – Notts County and Nottingham Forest as well as great night life and music scene.
This is a permanent position. Salary DOE+Benefits. An extremely competitive quarterly bonus scheme which puts a percentage of profits into the staff bonus pot.
Unfortunately we do not have the resource to reply to all candidates.
Thank you for your application if you take the time to apply and do not hear back from us. If your CV and application meets our requirements we will be in touch very soon. Many thanks for your interest
No Agencies please.