We are looking for a talented Lead Programmer who is passionate about creating groundbreaking, state of the art VR and AR games and entertainment.
The lead programmer manages the tech team and all aspects of a project’s technical design, including engine, middleware and game systems. He or she works closely with the technical director and other stakeholders to define a project’s technical approach.
WHAT’S THIS JOB ALL ABOUT?
- Define the technical design for the main elements of a project together with team members;
- Identify and help tackle the main risk areas for a project;
- Co-operate in setting up the main technical systems for a project together with the team;
- Mentor, inspire and motivate the team to meet project quality levels and deadlines;
- Co-operate in the overall planning of a project. Be proficient and proactive in organizing and planning;
- Closely work with the leads of the other disciplines (Art & Design) and with the producer of the project;
WHICH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Highly proficient in C++ and / or C#;
- 5+ years of game industry experience with at least 2 years in a technical lead position and shipped a couple of games;
- You have a great working- and technical knowledge of Unreal and / or Unity.
HOW ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON?
- You are capable of communicating in a clear, open, convincing, and inspired manner;
- You are passionate about new technology;
- You have already worked on VR projects before or you have an intimate knowledge of what has been happening in the field so far;
- You are comfortable with working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- You have a very good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- A work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
ABOUT FORCE FIELD VR
Force Field is one of the world’s largest development studios dedicated solely to developing state of the art Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), creating high-end games, innovative TV & video content, unique interactive experiences and groundbreaking applications.
Force Field is looking for the best creative talent to help us develop to help us develop the next generation of these new forms of digital content. Come join our international team in the center of Amsterdam.