Cryptic Studios seeks a skilled, positive, and energetic Sr. Data Analyst to join the team! The successful candidate will have substantial experience in modeling data in SQL (and Python), enjoy combining analytic skills with business acumen to provide our game studios with the data and insights that will drive our continued success. The Data Analyst works with key decision-makers on a daily basis as a data-driven advisor and partner on strategic issues. The candidate should enjoy both working with people and performing technical analyses.
Responsibilities & Job Duties:
· Review Daily Game Performance Metrics: Logins, Acquisition, Retention, Fraud, etc.
· Analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
· Complete a monthly performance summary for Cryptic Games and make strategic recommendations to management, backed up by quantifiable data and analyzed trends.
· Partner with executives and finance team to make immediate improvements to game performance and track down existing issues.
· Identify areas of improvement and work with Data Team to create Dashboards, Graphs, and Reports to increase transparency.
· BS/MS in quantitative discipline required (math, physics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics, etc.)
· 3-5 years of experience in data and analytics-intensive role.
· Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong SQL scripting knowledge and experience.
· Proficiency in working with large data sets is required.
· Exceptional analytical ability and business judgment.
· Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel user.
· Knowledge of statistical applications such as R and SAS.
· Experienced in report analysis and development using business intelligence tools (i.e., Tableau) is a plus.
· Previous experience in Python is a plus.
· Passion for gaming!