About the job
While Wooga has a culture of strong, autonomous game teams, the Simple Backend Services (SBS) team provides re-usable backend services and SDKs for the teams creating our next wave of hit puzzle games. The SBS team is looking for a new Product Owner to manage the team, to coordinate with both the game teams and senior management and to further evolve the existing services.
A very strong service attitude towards the game teams is paramount - both in execution as in deciding what new functionality is useful to offer.
- Lead through example and support the team to get the best out of them.
- Managing the expectations of various stakeholders: internal and game team devs, product leads and producers as well as senior management at Wooga
- Communicating and making decisions on technical issues, based on feedback from various stakeholders
- Project management: service operations and implementing new features
- Product ownership of the very technical SBS and SDK teams: roadmap definition and driving the vision of the team within Wooga
- Working knowledge of how relevant features are implemented in the games' market.
Who are we looking for
- You know how to work with a team of experienced engineers, how to gain their trust, and how to deliver results
- You fully understand the underlying technologies used in providing backend services and in building mobile games
- You are able to proactively reach out to stakeholders (from developers to upper management), analyse their needs, and define a roadmap for your team
- You are able to stand your ground as a leader
- You've got excellent communication skills
- You're hands on, pragmatic and solution-oriented
- You have logical and analytical capabilities but do not lack a great sense of humour
Why join us
- Being able to bring in own ideas in projects.
- Contribute to games which will be played by millions of players.
- Work at a fast moving company that operates in a very dynamic environment.
- Quick decision making processes.
- Fast-paced, international and vibrant environment.
- Located in Berlin - Europe's most exciting city with low cost of living and high quality of life
Wooga is an equal opportunities employer. We invite international candidates to apply, as well as monsters and unicorns.