StarVR is the brand name you will be working with, and the position will be within the newly formed Acer Starbreeze Corporation, a joint venture backed and formed by Acer Inc. and Starbreeze Studios. Gaming is our DNA and we're fortunate to have attracted the motivated, cutting-edge partners and clients that are the envy of the industry. Together, we're delivering the breakthroughs that will enable VR meet its potential as the next display entertainment and industry solutions platform. Our customers and partners are counting on us to deliver VR solutions that will enable them to stand out from the crowd and drive this historic shift.
Work with some of the most talented cutting-edge developers and engineers around the world on pioneering VR solutions and experiences. We're looking for a few more engineers in Paris who want to be part of this revolution.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- You are a trusted technical expert and tailor solutions to ensure the best possible VR experience for our customers with our headset and technologies.
- As the technical lead you will be the primary support contact for our partners and clients for all technical activities related to the StarVR technology integration in their solutions and tools.
- Innovate the integration of our VR technology into a wide variety of industries, beyond the usual game engines, automotive, engineering, and defense, with new use-cases and yet-to-be imagined problems in terms of solutions, architecture, and tools.
- Interact closely with the R&D team at StarVR to ensure the best possible experience on current hardware, and on determining trends and features for next generation architectures, and communicate customer requirements.
- Interface with internal teams to achieve continuous improvement of solution and documentation based on customer feedback.
- Efficiently design Customer support processes and systems to resolve technical issues by driving collaboration with customers and StarVR team using all creative means available.
- Prepare and present technical material in meetings.
Experience & Qualifications:
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field (MS preferred).
- Working knowledge and design experience with video games and VR applications.
- Game engine experience, ideally with UE4 and/or Unity.
- Strong knowledge of C++, scripting languages and video game programming.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to understand customer needs and to probe for answers, determine a solution and explain that solution to the customer.
- Ability to relate to design engineers across various applications.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Time management skills: ability to manage multiple projects and activities at one time.
- Experience working with 3D graphics and game developers required, CAD, and/or previz a plus
- Available to travel (domestic and international) up to 25%.
- This is an opportunity for a technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) to become one of the faces of our company and StarVR innovation.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ability to influence product and features
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in VR and 3D graphics
If you're interested in becoming a key influencer and laying the groundwork for premium VR with the industry's most innovative clients, we think we want to meet you. Your work will be at a critical point in this industry. Contact us!
Established in 1976, Acer is a hardware + software + services company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale, and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's product offerings include PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets, smartphones and wearables. It is also developing cloud solutions to bring together the Internet of Things. As one of the world's top 5 PC companies, Acer employs 7,000 people worldwide and has a presence in over 160 countries.
Starbreeze is an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products. With studios in Stockholm, Paris and Los Angeles, the company creates games and other virtual reality entertainment products, based on proprietary design and licensed content. Starbreeze's most recent games include PAYDAY 2, the adrenaline fueled bank robbing co-op game and the upcoming John Wick VR shooter and survival co-op FPS OVERKILL's The Walking Dead.